What is Tenant Representation?
NAI Glickman Kovago & Jacobs’ Tenant Representation Service provides tenants or prospective buyers with an experienced real estate professional working on their behalf. Acting as an advisor to our client, we develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to renew, relocate, restructure leases or purchase real estate.
Companies working with an effective Tenant Representation specialist realize several important advantages:
- Minimize rent and operating costs
- Securing a lease that provides for maximum tenant flexibility
- Obtain exposure and “insider” real estate information to all property options – ensuring the best possible fit of real estate and terms
- A streamlined process that minimizes distractions and time away from core business needs
What we will do for you
- Pre-Search Planning – NAI Glickman Kovago & Jacobs works directly and confidentially with our clients to fully understand space needs and help devise a plan for achieving both short and long term objectives.
- Market Survey – Provide comprehensive survey of current space availabilities
- Site Tour – Schedule and organize a tour of all prospective properties
- Review of Preferences – Provide an in depth analysis of viable options for comparison purposes
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Process – The process creates competition among landlords , giving our clients leverage to negotiate best possible terms. NAI Glickman Kovago & Jacobs will customize RFPs to solicit offers, which will be considered based on all relevant economic, geographical and building specific factors.
- Negotiations – NAI Glickman Kovago & Jacobs will utilize its considerable expertise to conduct and manage the various levels of negotiations with prospective landlords.
What is the cost of having a tenant representative?
Normally, Tenant Representation does not demand ANY COST from our clients. NAI Glickman Kovago & Jacobs is compensated through a share of the leasing fee that landlords anticipate for each Lease.
Listing real estate brokers, attorney’s or landlords, negotiate entirely on their own behalf. Commonly buyers or tenants do not have anyone – specifically in the critical earlier phases of a search/deal – acting upon their best interests. Hiring a Tenant Representative equalizes that aspect of the transaction and ensures our clients that the best possible contract terms are realized.
Bottom Line: As Brokerage Fees are usually pre-factored into deals, tenant(s) or buyer(s) should demand expert representation on their behalf.